Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Computers are people too

Well, I just got off the phone with Yahoo. Apparently my computer's feelings were hurt by something I did and it was pouting. After an hour of trying to explain to the nice lady what the problem was (my fault, not hers) the fix took about two minutes. We still haven't figured out why my computer downloads pictures as bitmaps, but she e-mailed me some things that will supposedly help if I ever take the time to mess around with them. She said the problem may be spyware. Is it just me or do the computer geeks purposely make up names that sound scary? I don't want spyware! It makes me think that someone is on the other side of my screen and watching me. I'm already slightly paranoid, well, ok, more than slightly. I don't want someone staring at me if I decide to write in my blog in my pajamas! Trust me, not a pretty sight. Maybe what I should do is write in my blog in my pajamas and the spy will get disgusted and stop staring at me. It's worth a try.

Speaking of computer geeks (but only in a nice way, she still carries those pointy sticks everywhere she goes) Susan is going to try to come by and help me dress the blogger site up a little bit. I'm making her since it was her idea for me to start this thing. Anyway, If she isn't too tired (she is after all, still recovering) this thing will look much dressier this evening. But then on the other hand, maybe the only reason she is coming over is so I can put her blog on my daily reads. Nah, that's probably not it, since most of my readers come from her. Speaking of which, is there anyone out there who knows how you can set this thing to tell you when you get comments without going to the blog itself? Or for that matter, how you can tell if someone is reading the crazy if they don't leave a comment. Please don't make me ask Susan, she gets this pitying look on her face everytime I ask stupid questions.

Somebody named baby somebody-or-other just IMed me saying that she saw my yahoo profile and thought I sounded interesting and did I want to see her profile and picture. I clicked it off. I'm pretty sure she was fibbing. Mainly because my profile is as boring as they get, and I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't want me looking at any pictures of anyone named baby sophia. Just a hunch there.

I got a piece a snail mail today, yes I get mail, just not from anybody I really know. Anyway, this piece was from The National Dean's Honor List. It said someone nominated me for inclusion. The weird thing is I'm already on it this year because Dr, Vezey, my plant biology professor put me on it. If you get hit twice does that make you twice as smart? I figure it has to be Scott that nominated me, since the only other class I took last semester was internet algebra, and I don't think squeaking a D will get you on the honor role. Well, I'll find out in a couple of days when I get their begging letter. They want me to but a copy of the book. Actually, they want me to but a copy of the book with my name embossed in gold. I'm vain, but not that vain... Sorry, rocking out there, Etta James was playing on Yahoo music, I kinda have to drop everything when Etta is on.

Speaking of Etta James, I was at Wal-Mart the other day (trust me Etta has something to do with this story) getting my oil changed and you know it takes about an hour to do a ten minute job because apparently everybody sees me going up there and jumps ahead of me. So I went into McDonald's to have a coke and wait for them to finish, and like I always do when Kathy isn't around, I had my MP3 player on, I love my MP3 player, anyway, the greeter guy when I left Micky D's asked me if I was going to pay for the player before I left. This is a little red box that fits in my shirt pocket, I told him I had already paid for it (well, ok, it was a gift from my mother, he doesn't need to know all my business) and he had the manager called over of course the manager apologized when he realized the thing was loaded with all my favorite music so it probably didn't come off the shelf like that, mainly because I don't think anybody else listens to Frank, Dean, Diana Krall, etc. Ok, so what does Etta have to do with this story? My theory is that the reason he stopped me is because I didn't look like someone who was going to cut him (good thing he didn't meet me when I was crazy) and he must have noticed me because I was rocking out and singing along with Etta, cause she's one of the few I can't control myself on. Well, her and Frank and Dean, and Diana and etc, etc, etc. Ok, I'll admit it, I can't control myself on most of the songs, that's why I usually listen to it outside, where I'll disturb the fewest people. And I would have listened to it outside that day too but then you can't hear them call and tell you your car is ready. Of course, I couldn't hear them call and say my car was ready anyway because I had headphones. Oh well.

I have a couple things I have to do before Susan gets here, so I better close this out.

Do something nice for yourself and someone else today,

Wayne

2 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger kay_okc said...

Hi Wayne, I'm a friend of Susan's. Those IM's you get that say your profile looks interesting etc. are prolific. I get two or three a day and they all say the exact same thing. I'm convinced they are spambots. When their dialog window pops up, I click on the red "do not" sign which in Yahoo language means ignore...and then the 2nd window pops up with a box to check...reporting that ID as spam. I do this without fail.

Btw, your blog is interesting to read. I'm enjoying it. Can't help you on how to know about comments without visiting, that is what I have to do.

Just get your own pointy sticks and Susan will probably calm down. ;-)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I am enjoying your blog *SO MUCH*. You always make me smile, or even laugh outloud! : )

Yes, you can see that folks are checking out your blog by going to www.Tracksy.com . Register your site and it will have you copy some code and add it to your template of your blog. If you need help, you can ask me...or Susan. Then you can log in on Tracksy any time and see how many hits your blog has had...and from where. You can also check out referring sites and any search engines that have referred to your site.
Susan has my phone number if you need help.

Congrats on making the honor list!

Have a great week!

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home