Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I'm still exhausted!

Have you ever noticed that a small child can wreak havoc on a household? I have figured out why God gave me my children when I was too young to know better. Last Friday I spent the whole day cleaning house (yes, I know I'm slow, but in my defense I did a good job) because Maddox was coming over on Saturday, and he spends all his time on the floor trying to find something to get into. So I swept and mopped and dusted and vacuumed and then we thought that Maddox might not come because it was raining and cold and the only reason we were going to get him is because his parents were going out and we figured that they would decide not to go. But hurrah and hurray, they went out anyway, so we got him. Well, the house now looks like a hurricane went through it. A ten-month-old can get into more stuff that you would never think he'd be interested in! You can't have wine glasses on the rack below the island with a crawler around. Put the heavy glass bowls on a higher shelf because he's going to pull them down on his foot. Don't worry about the electric plugs, he won't bother them (unless, of course, you pull those little plastic things out) but watch the cord going to the floor lamp. Man, I'm too old to chase this kid around. He is fun though. But stubborn! My new game with him is to pull him back from where he wants to go and then watch him head for it again. He never gets mad, but he never gives up either. Sunday afternoon when we took him home and after his mother fed us (really good chili, hey we have to get something out of watching him or his mother will think we're just doing it because it's fun) he wanted to climb up on the dishwasher door while Jill was loading it. So I'd pick him up and take him into the living room and put him on the floor and he'd start crawling to the kitchen and when he got to the dishwasher I'd pick him up and take him into the living room and put him on the floor and off he'd go again, zoom! It never bothered him that he didn't get into the dishwasher but he didn't give up until his mom shut the dishwasher door either.

Well, according to the UPS website my black lace elderberries are supposed to arrive today. But is the ground ready for them? Nooooooo. About the time I got everything else ready so I could pull out the lilac and the holly roots it turned cold and rainy so I still haven't gotten the spaces ready. Hopefully I'll get to it on Thursday or Friday. I'd really rather have them in the ground than in the shipping pots, but on the other hand, if the weathermen are correct (that'll be a first) I don't want to put them in the ground just to have it freeze the next night.

And besides the elderberries, I still want to put the tropical plants out because Kathy keeps noticing that they're still in the house. And my daughter, Alison gave me some seeds from Hawaii last Father's day that I want to put in pots. Especially the Kona coffee. I don't know if it will really do anything in a pot in Oklahoma but I really want to find out. Alison is now in Ft. Worth at Southwestern Seminary after about five years teaching school in Honolulu. I'm still trying to get her to become something other than a Southern Baptist (yes, I was raised in the Southern Baptist church and I still agree with most of their beliefs, but one belief that I never agreed with was the hangup about women preachers. It seems to me that if God calls someone to do something it is not my place to question the call.) well, when she gets out of seminary with an MDiv maybe she'll find out what it is that God has planned for her.

Have you ever noticed that I ramble? Kathy sometimes thinks I spend more time on this thing than I do, but if I spent as much time as she thought I did maybe it would make more sense.

Well, I have CADD class tonight. Hopefully I can remember something from week before last. I'm going to try to get something done before I have to go to class.

Call someone you haven't talked to for a while. A friend of ours called the other day that we had lost touch with and now we're trying to find time to get together. It's like finding a new friend that already knows everything about you.

Wayne

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I think that Maddox's determination, diligence, and single-mindedness will serve him well as he grows and matures.

We're certainly looking forward to having grandbabies one day! : )

Shelly

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait till Maddox is walking!

And how fun to have someone call you haven't heard from in ages!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home