Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ranting and raving

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate job interviews? I had my second interview this morning with Kristie at Satterlee's. We went through my drawings and talked about plant knowledge and the plants that I use and went on and on forever. At the end she said, "This has been very helpful, I'll let you know when I make my decision." Helpful how? Helpful to knock me out? Helpful to assure me the job? AAARRRRGGGGG! Sometimes I think that I wish that interviewers weren't so inscrutable. I would rather know right off that someone hates me than to spend time wondering what the heck happened in the interview.

Ok, so let me apologize that I have been so lax in my blog. Friday I was just lazy, Saturday we had Abby and D'art and the kids come over and help me in the garden and eat dinner, and Sunday we went to church, went out to dinner with some old friends and went over to their house for coffee and came home and had a Sunday afternoon nap, and then Monday, well, let's face it, I was just lazy again. No, no, I remember, Kathy was doing taxes on the computer. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Saturday was fun. We worked out in the front beds. Tried to get the lilac out and did, tried to get the holly stumps out and gave up. Those things are in there! I'm just going to drill holes in the stumps and let them rot. I planted one of the black lace elderberries in front of the stumps so hopefully they'll be hidden soon. The kids were here so that makes everything more fun. Natasha and Ethan are a joy to be around. And they let everyone know it too. Sometimes when Ethan smiles at me I just melt. Everytime Natasha smiles at me I melt. And they both know it too. Let's face it, their peepaw is putty in their hands.

Everything is coming up in the flower beds. I love the Spring. Things just peek out their heads and look around and decide to start growing. Wonderful! I cleaned up the peonies Saturday, they were just starting to put out new growth and they have grown a good two or three inches today. The clematis are to the second line on the trellis, two weeks ago they were barely out of the ground. Then, of course, are things like the jasmine and the hibiscus. Kathy asks me twenty or thirty times a year whether they're dead because they are late coming out, and every year you can't see the street from the porch because they cover up the view.

Tonight is CADD class again. I love this program! It will even measure your drawings for you. And you can change your drawings all over by changing one measurement. So much fun. I think that I have decided this is the way to draw, but then I pick up a pencil and fall in love with paper again. I'm so confused.

It's hard to believe it is almost April. Maybe I am getting old. The year seems to be going by so fast. When we were at church Sunday the pastor reminded people that the second was time change Sunday and for a while I was trying to figure out why he was mentioning it so early. Then I remembered that it is next Sunday! Oh well, time flies when you're having fun, or if you're not having fun for that matter. Let's face it, time flies, so be nice to yourself and someone else today.

God bless you all,

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home