Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Susan's orders



Susan wants me to post to Blogger so she can send people here. Her wish is my command, and if you know how scary Susan is you will understand why that is. If you don't know Susan, why the heck are you here this early anyway?

A little about myself. I am married with six children and eight grandchildren. I am a landscaper working mostly on residential properties for about the last eight or nine years. A few years ago, I was working on a landscape for a woman who's husband was a retired engineer. I spent more time explaining my design to him than it took me to conceptualize and draw it. That was when I decided that I needed to find out exactly what I was supposed to be doing. Since then I have been a student at Oklahoma State University/Oklahoma City and in the fall I transfer to Oklahoma State at Stillwater to complete my degree in Public Horticulture.

I've always been a plant nut. My dad had a vegetable garden when I was growing up and my mother always had flower gardens. You sometimes wonder how the heck you find your way through but let's face it, if anyone had told me when I was growing up that I would be in school and looking at several more years and with a goal of a Master's or Doctorate in poseys I would have called them crazy. Everybody would have called them crazy. Let's face it, I looked like the person who was going to not only finish school the first time but probably finish it early. Looks are deceiving. It is never too late to do what you have to do. Sounds trite, I know, but it is true.

I am a good student, partly because let's face it, I'm brilliant, but mostly because I don't try anymore to fight the facts. A student's job is to listen to the professor and give him or her back what they want. That's not to say you don't think for yourself, you have to learn how to learn. But you don't try to prove the professor wrong everytime you open your mouth either. This is partially self-defense folks, if my dream comes true I will either be working as an educator in a public garden or a university someday and I don't want everybody arguing with me.

Anyway... My plan for this thing is to post stuff about my life, my work, and my beliefs and feelings. I'll try to give ideas about plants and garden design and if anyone has ideas on what I need to talk about feel free to load it on. I will try to give factual material but let's face it, most of it is going to be my opinion. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Wayne

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad to see you are up and running.

Will be adding you to my daily read list! Thanks for getting this set up.

And I read all my blogs on a DAILY basis - no pressure! LOL!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jim said...

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself....and long pointy sticks!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home