Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Technophobia Part Two

Well, I bit the bullet and erased my MP3 player. Now I'm reloading it to see if Window's media can do it. If it won't I'm not sure what I'll do. And why did I take the chance and erase the stupid thing you ask? Because I get bored. The thing only holds about 1200 songs, and I listen to it almost every day. I have a little doober in the car that plays it through the radio (if I'm not too close to whatever station plays close to that spot on the dial) and I play it when I'm doing yard work and I play it when I'm not on the computer (where I usually listen to Yahoo's Martini Lounge) and sometimes I play it out on the porch when I'm having my last cigarette of the day to try to run it out of power so I can recharge it overnight. Sometimes I just play it while the earbuds are out of my ears and I'm talking to Kathy (she hates when I just take one earbud out). Anyway, I guess I'll find out whether or not it worked a little bit later.

So what do I put on it (I'm really stretching for something to put on this thing aren't I?) Well, there's Peggy Lee, of course. I'm really happy with some of the Tony Bennett music I've got. I put Billie Holliday on there and Lena Horne. Believe it or not I found some Vic Damone and Eddie Fisher. Bette Midler has jumped on the bandwagon and made two albums lately of Rosemary Clooney and Peggy Lee songs and then like I said I've got Peggy Lee and Rosemary Clooney (maybe that's why I get bored, I only have about 20 different songs but their all done by 72 artists apiece). I'm kinda glad that all the new artists decided to record the old songs (is rod Stewart and Bette Midler really new) because they are popular all the old stuff is being re-released. That way I can actually hear the original artists doing it. Because of yahoo music I have discovered some new artists, new to me at least. Les Nubians has some really good rhythms and Basia has the voice of an angel. I listen to a lot of Diana Krall and have decided I like the way Steve Tyrell sings the old standards. Frank and Dean are on there of course and a little bit of Sammy Davis Jr. I've got as much Etta James as I have been able to find and because Kathy and I got hooked on that Dancing with the Stars show I discovered Michael Bulbe. Dinah Washington is on there tons of Bobby Darin. I guess like a friend of mine says if it was written 50 years ago I probably have it on the MP3.

Tonight Kathy and I are going to Pizza Inn and meet my youngest daughter and son-in-law and two of the grandkids (Natasha and Ethan) notice that the kids are the only ones who get mentioned by name. Guess that shows where my priorities lie. It's like my dad always said, "grandchildren are the reward God gives you for not killing your kids when they are teenagers."

And tomorrow we get Maddox for the afternoon and night because the kids are going out. Grandchildren are fun! Glad I didn't strangle Jill for sure, though it came close at times I promise. Even she is surprised sometimes that she made it out of her teens.

Well, I've blown enough time on this thing, I think I'll check out Wonderland Knitter (not all about knitting) and Hazelnut Reflections (amazingly not about hazelnuts).

Play, there is time enough for work.

Wayne

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Well, sometimes it might be about chocolate with hazelnuts :)

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julian of Norwich. Have you looked at the links Emily has for this saint? I've been trying to run down the book she wrote (of course I don't want to buy it! I want to find it at the library and they don't have it). So I've been doing some internet and would you believe even the Guttenburg project doesn't have it!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

When you get on the link that Emily has go to the works page and the second link under "Divine Revelations" looks like it may have the book. it may be an abridged version.

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I saw it but I hate buying a book I haven't opened up and looked at. That's why I was hoping to find it someplace on the net. Or at least a sample chapter or something, just to see what all it contained.

Thanks for checking on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home