Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

He is risen indeed!

Happy Easter everybody. It has been a beautiful day. I got up to a glorious morning, sun shining, birds singing, Kathy and Keith grumbling (Keith isn't really a morning person). All three of us went to church at Our Lord's (it was a wonderful service, Pastor Robert gave an almost normal sermon {I was disappointed actually, usually he has some of the most skewed outlooks that shows me something I've never seen before} the music was fantastic, there was a dancer {I love holy dance, and it is something I haven't seen enough of growing up in the Baptist church} and the people are so warm and loving). The only problem with Our Lord's is that God hasn't made it clear that that is where he wants us. From the very first Sunday we went to Trinity we felt the peace of knowing that is where we belonged. We fought against it a while, after all, no one really wants to go to a small, inner-city, struggling, not enough workers, and let's face it, slightly weird church. But we knew that was where we were supposed to be at that time. Now even though we love Our Lord's and Council Road we just don't feel that either one of them are the place. Yes I know, the walk isn't about feeling, but our feelings are one of the ways that God tells us where we belong. Oh well, He has a place for us and he will show us that place. One of the problems that I have is that God spoiled me for most churches. Billy Graham (I think it was Billy Graham) once said that the most segregated hour in the United States was Sunday from 11:00 to 12:00. At Trinity there were anglos, latinos, African-Americans, Chinese-Americans, Laotian-Americans, people from Ghana, people from Kenya, people from Ethiopia, people from Russia, Estonia, Belarus, all together, all loving God, all loving each other. You just don't get that too many places. A lot of places we've visited, I look around and it is so WHITE. I'm just not that comfortable with anglos anymore.

After church we went over to Jill and Jeff's, oh let's face it, we over to Maddox's house. The only thing Jill and Jeff are there for is to pay the bills and keep the kid fed. Jill made a wonderful dinner, ok, maybe not so traditional, it was lasagne and salad with chocolate silk pie for dessert, it was delicious! Then we watched Maddox and Sammie (the daughter of an old friend of Jill's) hunt Easter eggs, and then we sat and played and talked until it was time to take Keith to the airport. We dropped Keith off at the airport, it is harder and easier at the same time isn't it? We used to take family to the airport and go in with them and wait and cry and follow them back to the gate and watch them walk down the jetway. Now you drop them off at the front door. There isn't any reason to go in, you can't go past the front room anyway, the airlines want you to drop the luggage outside so they can go over all of it out there. Security would just as soon you not even be on the property. MAN, with my rampant paranoia, airports aren't really the place for me at all.

So we got home after dropping Keith and we pretty much passed out for our Sunday nap. I don't know what it is. Emily talked about it a while ago, on Sunday you pretty much have to take a nap. Monday through Saturday, unless I haven't gotten to sleep or worked myself to death or the kids are here and wear me out, I don't need a nap. I usually can't even take a nap without feeling awful, but Sunday afternoon comes and if I don't lay down for a nap, I fall down and take a nap anyway.

Well, that was our Easter. And the theme I hear over and over is, "The Lord is risen! He is risen indeed!" God bless each of us and may he remind us that of all the gifts he gives us, the greatest gift was his Son.

Wayne

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm happy that you had a great Easter. And, yes, He is risen! : )

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home