Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Hi all, it is Good Friday and waiting breathlessly for Easter. Kathy took the day off, our son Keith flew in last night from St Louis and we are spending the day with him and our daughter Jill and son-in-law Jeff and of course Maddox! But Maddox is taking a nap so who really cares about the rest of them? Everybody but me is going off tonight to the basketball game and I get to take care of Maddox. I think we're going to the pha house tonight for supper (Maddox and I) the boy loves the noodles! And of course, Papi will do anything to make him happy, no, really, it has nothing to do with the fact that I love the pha shops and Kathy won't go with me, I'm doing it for the kid, honest!

Class last night was interesting. We finally moved on from widgets and started working on blocks. Blocks are what makes cadd so great. You draw something once and save it as a block and it is always ready for you to put into any drawing. Ok, maybe I'm too interested in this stuff (Kathy thinks so) but to me this stuff is so cool. Of course it takes me forever to draw a design (just ask Susan), I usually have the design in my head and then it takes me so much time to put it on paper! Of course, part of the problem is that I have to spend twenty minutes getting everything ready to draw and by the time I'm ready, I'm out of the mood. ADD raises it's..........

I'm back. Actually it wasn't ADD this time. It was the air conditioner. Kathy and Jill wanted it on so I had to run up to Home Depot to get some filters. Change of plans. Maddox and I don't get to go to the pha shop. Kathy called for a pizza because Jeff went back to Mustang to pick up someone that is going to the game with them so they aren't going out to eat. They will sometime leave us alone, maybe, Jill keeps telling me my options, apparently three kids wasn't enough training. When Ryan was born, Laura was making her mother nuts. She would read something in the books or someone would tell her something and she would take it as gospel and then her mother would yell, "We told you that a month ago!" The second kid mellows them, doesn't it?

Well, they all left me and Maddox wants the keyboard so I'm going to cut this off.

God bless you all, Wayne

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I hope you're enjoying Maddox. : )

BTW, what is pha? pha shops?

Happy Easter,

Shelly

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

Loved having Maddox. Pha is a Vietnamese noodle soup. They use a beef broth base and the broth is so hot that they put the raw meats in when they leave the kitchen and the meat is cooked by the time it gets to your table. The meat is anything from flank steak to tripe and tendons (I'll admit, I'm chicken, I just get the western type meats) and it is served with fresh basil and bean sprouts and peppers and the noodles are glass noodles so they are thin and wonderful. Maddox has eaten it I think once and loves the noodles. I eat at one of the shops, (there are several in the neighborhood) as often as I can, usually when Kathy is out of town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home