Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Monday, April 24, 2006

It is Monday again and how often do these days come around anyway? Four or five times a week? We had Natasha and Ethan this weekend and once more I am struck with the wisdom of God. He makes sure that you get your kids early enough that you have almost enough strength to deal with them. When Abby and Dart dropped them off Saturday, D'Artagnon said, "I'm glad the boy is asleep, I might not be able to leave him." Abby immediately responded, "I could!" Apparently mommy was spending a little too much time with him. By the time they picked them up on Sunday afternoon, I was agreeing with Abby. Not that they were a lot of trouble, but you know, we've talked about the need for Sunday naps before, and those kids were seriously cutting into my nap time. Kathy had no problem. Ethan went down for a nap and Tasha was watching Blue's Clues (for the 400th time in 24 hours) and she told me it was my duty to stay up while she napped. Just because Ethan saved all the "surprise" diapers for her. Well, I have to admit it was kinda nice. Ethan decided he liked me (or he decided that I wasn't going to go away) and he let me play with him and feed him and change his clothes and diapers. Wait a minute, maybe he didn't like me after all, he just needed a slave! Oh, well. I expected cinnamon rolls for breakfast and was all ready for them and then Kathy informed me that Tasha only expected them for Saturday breakfast. Well, so what? I was expecting them for Sunday breakfast! Doesn't what I expect mean anything? Apparently not. We had cereal. We've never kept Tasha on Saturday night (and nobody had ever kept Ethan overnight before) so we ended up bailing on church. Mainly because I was chicken and tired and sore. The kids probably could have dealt with it. Ethan doesn't know me much better than he would know the nursery people and Tasha makes friends wherever she goes. But then I would have to take the kid to nursery and take the kid to children's church and how do I put up with that instead of playing with them?

Speaking of Tasha making friends wherever she goes. We went to the park behind the house yesterday morning and we were playing on the playground. Another family came in and Tasha introduced herself to Jasmine and they started playing like they had known each other for years. Of course, then in the middle of it all, Tasha had to use the restroom so she told Jasmine we'd be right back and she rushed back to the house with poor, old, tired Peepaw trailing behind. Then as we got back to the park, Jasmine and her family were leaving. Jasmine said she would be back another day, but Tasha was upset to see her go and cried. My heart was breaking and there was nothing I could say to make it alright. Sometimes children have to see friends leave, but why can't we soothe their hurts? And why can't we soothe each other's hurts? That is the homework I'm going to give you guys this week (since I'm not teaching Sunday School anymore I have to pass out the Homework to y'all instead of them) I want each of you to find one person that is hurting (How hard can it be to find one?) and help them with their pain. And remember what it took me years to learn (And I still forget) sometimes the best way to deal with a problem is just listen and agree that it is a problem, instead of giving your opinion of a fix. Ok, I'll admit that last part is directed to the guys out there. Somehow, women already know this stuff and guys only know they want to fix it. Usually with a bigger hammer.

Well, the weathermen are shouting gloom and doom again in central Oklahoma. Of course all the storms were in Kansas, but they might get here some time. It is supposed to cool off to unseasonably low temps here in OkC. Highs tomorrow in the 60's. How is that unseasonable? Oklahoma really doesn't have any established seasons. We have 90's in December. We have ice storms in October. What the heck are we supposed to expect? Oh well, if you have taken your tropical plants outside already be sure to water them well and put them in a protected place tonight and tomorrow night. It is supposed to dip below 50. Of course that means it will be 85 for a low both nights, or it will be 42 below zero for both nights, or one night hot and one night cold. I don't know, the only comfort I have is neither do the weathermen.

Give yourself a break today.

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home