Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, April 14, 2006

The kid's asleep.

It is 8:30 and Maddox has passed out on me. It was fairly easy. First I play with him til he's exhausted, then I keep him up past his bedtime, then I give him a bottle while I hold him and we watch baby mozart and I don't let him get down and by the time baby mozart is over he is willing to climb the stairs and put himself to bed! Any way.

They all went to the Hornets game about 6:00. My other daughter's Alison and Abby and of course Ethan came over before they left and stayed about 30 or 45 minutes after before they had to leave. So Maddox and I only really got about 2 hours by ourselves. Grandkids are much easier. Especially when they are babies. They think you are wonderful because you spoil them rotten, you can give them anything, because after all, what are your kids going to do for baby sitting? And then when you are exhausted and can't take them any more, you call the mom and say, "I think he might be running a low fever." And every speed limit between their house and yours is broken. Warning, this only works on first kids and sometimes second kids. By the time your kids have three of their own, they don't care if the kid has typhoid, you said you're take care of them and they aren't coming over til either you or the kid are dead!

Oh well, I had a wonderful time. For a little while I had both boys here and could watch them interact and then I had Maddox and we played and cuddled all night.

Thank you God for my grandchildren. And thank you for keeping me from killing their parents long enough to have them.

Tell someone that you love them. Better yet, show them.

Wayne

1 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - How funny "running a low fever"...I'm still laughing! And I wouldn't put it past you to DO that - LOL (not that you really would)

Very funny post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home