Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Electronics are taking over my life!

I am such a fibber! I told you guys that last Wednesday was going to be my last post til I got back, but then I finished getting ready to leave and got bored with all the other stuff I need to do, so here I am again.

I was packing for my trip and realized that I have too much stuff! I'm only going to be gone about 48 hours and am taking four, that's right four, charging cords. Well, I *have* to take the cord for the new camera because I don't really know how long the charge lasts on the thing. And then I *need* the cord to charge the MP3 player because, after all, there's about six thousand miles from here and Fort Worth that have no people or towns or radio stations or anything sowhile I'm driving I'll need my music both ways. And after all, if my cell phone goes out, how will I know who's calls I'm ignoring? So there I have to bring the charger for both the house and the car. You know, when I moved out of my parents house I fit everything I owned in the trunk and back seat of a '69 mustang. Now I go away for a weekend and can barely cram all my stuff in a cavalier. I've turned into a pack rat! Oh who am I kidding, I've always been a pack rat. But when I moved out of my parent's house it was all their stuff.

Well, Kathy went to see Maddox last night. No, I didn't get to go. I had class. And it was his real birthday! Anyway, here's what a one-year-old looks like.














I don't care what anybody says. He's cute! And he knows it!

Speaking of dour old men. You can see why there are very few pictures of me out there (no Susan, it isn't because the FBI is after me) but I'm thinking of using this one for the cover photo if I ever write a book. I think it has that indefinable quality that you can't decide whether it is utter wisdom or complete confusion.

For those who are more used to digital cameras than I am, and that is almost everybody, What should I set my pixels on? The thing defaults to 2816x2112 which seems a little excessive to me. I know that the more pixels the fewer shots but the bigger prints, but what is a happy medium? And should I even worry about it? After all, with the memory card the thing will hold 171 pictures. Will I ever take more than 171 pictures before I have a chance to download them somewhere? Probably not. But if I do print anything I probably won't print bigger than 4x6. But then I have my pictures as my screen saver and I really like when the whole screen is filled up. But then... oh well.

I'm going to close this off. There are some things I need to finish before I leave.

Be good to yourselves and someone else today. Pray for someone, hug someone, laugh with someone.

Wayne

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture of Maddox and the Gardening Curmudgeon! If you need help with the camera, Jim would be happy to help you. Hope the trip to TX turns out great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home