Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday at long last.

Well, here I am again. Notice Susan, two days in a row. It really isn't fair. Apparently Susan is back on the steroids so she has enough energy to stay awake so she's checking my blog every three minutes to see if I've posted. You know, the only thing that makes Susan testier than not knitting is people who don't post on their blogs.

Speaking of knitting, Kathy and a bunch of other knitters are going over to Susan's tonight for a knit-fest. I was invited but being in a room full women with sharp pointy sticks is rather unnerving. I think the better plan is that Jim and I are going out to dinner and then spend a couple hours on the porch. That way, neither of us are going to threatened or teased by the knitters. We will be talked about I'm sure but if we can't hear it, it isn't happening. I learned that when I was a child along with the whole "they can't find you if you cover your eyes" thing. Actually, people seem surprised that I used to knit when I was in high school and college (well, the first time I was in college). What they don't realize is that when I was younger, much younger, I liked to get into fights. And let's face it, there is nothing that will get you into more fights, faster, in high school, than doing something that is not exactly normal. And also, if you're looking to get into fights, it doesn't hurt to have a couple of sharp pointy sticks to take into the fight. Of course you have to remember that I went to high school before half the student body was armed.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I have been trying to apply to OSU Stillwater lately, and I'm wondering if they have too many students so they're making it hard or if I'm just slow. You have to fill out a 7 or 8 page (on computer) application, even if you have been a student at OSU/OKC for years. They even wanted to know what my GPA in high school was. Ok, everybody that has been out of high school for at least ten years that remembers your GPA raise your hand..... Yeah I thought so. They have all kinds of (to me anyway) silly questions and it takes so long that I can only do a couple of pages a day before I get bored and get off. Oh, well, maybe I'll be finished before school starts. All right kiddies, here is a life lesson for you. Go to college before you're too old to fill out the application!

Well, I'm going to try to do a little more on the app and finish watering the gardens and dig up some more treelings out of the garden and pick up Kathy from work and get a shower before I go out to dinner with Jim. Oh, my, I'm tired just thinking about it. Maybe I'll just take a nap until dinner.

Be good to yourselves.

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home