Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Separated at birth? You decide!


Well, for those that don't know, these are my two youngest and their two youngest (well, technically, Maddox is Jill's only, so far, so he is also her oldest). These shots really have nothing to do with my post today, I just liked them and unfortunately what Emily says is true, you start to take pictures that you just know you are going to use for blog fodder. It is so sad, I'm starting to feel like everything in my life is just for my blog. Unfortunately, I have a boring life!

Back from the lake and napped out. We just went down to Murray for one day, well, ok, a few hours. By the time we got there Jill was Maddoxed out and the wind was blowing like crazy so I took one ride on the boat and Kathy didn't even want to do that, and we ate lunch and grabbed Maddox and headed home. Of course, while we were there I did get some pictures.
Naturally, with our timing Maddox had just gone down for a nap when we arrived. You have to give the kid credit, he slept for about an hour and a half with eight adults and two other kids running around plus all the other visitors to the camp site. This was his first camping trip, and if his mother has her way, maybe his last.
Our son Keith, the only person I know that flies 800 and something miles to go to the lake with his sister and nephew. He flew in from St Louis on Friday and flew out this afternoon.
Yeah, Maddox is just hiding his face in embarrassment because his daddy has on one of those tacky "Other" University t-shirts.

Cheesy smiles and amazingly enough, no bloodshed even though they had been together for almost 45 minutes! Actually, they get along pretty well, they just gang up on everyone else.

Anyway, we left the lake and took Maddox home with us and spoiled him rotten. He is so sure that he is going to get his way, he doesn't even cry at us. Wrapped around his finger and he knows it. Though his Nana did say no to him when he tried to climb the stairs. The "N" word really hurts his feelings, he has to bury his face in his Papi's shoulder for at least 30 or 45 seconds before he is wanting down to try again for the stairs.

We kept him Saturday night and then Sunday afternoon took him to his other grandmother's. The whole plan is so nobody gets too tired. I thought that was a laugh until we came home from dropping him off and took a FOUR-HOUR-NAP!!! To think I used to take care of three of them with no problem. Now I can't take care of one with out help. I am old. God in his infinite wisdom made sure that my children were all grown before I was too tired and senile to take care of them.

Today is Memorial Day. We need to remember that the men who died for us, did it not so we could do anything we wanted but so that we could do everything we ought.

Wayne

2 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I especially like the girls and their babies. And isn't that Maddox's only job in life...make the grandparents jump thru hoops - LOL!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh, I love the pictures! What a wonderful family and it looks like everyone enjoyed their time at the lake.

Have a great week!

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home