Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Shadow Knows!

Have you ever had someone give you advice that they thought would help that was completely and utterly useless? A friend of mine was talking to me about my blog and he suggested that I start another one that was either all gardening or all rants and keep everything separate. Oh yeah, like I don't already have enough trouble keeping this thing up! All I need is to have another one of these things for Kathy to yell at me about. Maybe that's it. My friend doesn't really like me and he wants me to get in trouble! Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? (And Susan thought I would have a problem digging myself out of the title!)

Well, speaking of not keeping up, I probably won't be posting for a few days (I can hear it now, "So, what else is new!). I'm going down to Ft Worth for a couple of days to visit my daughter and go to the Arboretum and zoo. Hopefully the new camera that my other daughter is sending me will get here in time that I can take it with me and when I get back I will have cool pictures of all the travels. Or more likely, I'll have blurry somethings that everybody will be saying, "What the heck is that? Is that a hippopotamus?" (No, it is a self portrait, but thank you for boosting my ego.)

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago Emily did an A to Z list on her blog, and I was very impressed. So since I really had no idea on what to write today I thought I'd steal..... I mean, emulate her wonderful idea.


Accent: Pure Okie (you should here my Latin with an Okie twang)
Booze: Used to be vodka and pineapple juice (it sounds grosser than it is) or marguarita on the rocks, now it is usually a shiraz (yellowtail) or gertztraminer (yeah , the spell check is going to love that one!)
Chore I Hate: Cleaning the bathroom. Kathy would add weeding. I love to design and install, hate maintainance.
Dog or Cat: Used to have both, and when my youngest was a child, snakes, frogs, spiders, and she tried to take a bat home from Alabaster Caverns. Now I don't have a pet. But Kathy claims cleaning up after me is almost as good as having a dog.
Essential Electronics: MP3 Player. Of course I guess I have to keep the computer to load it, and once I get a digital camera that will probably take over my life too.
Favorite Cologne(s): Melaleuca made one called Mate, but they stopped. When it runs out I'll have to find a new one.
Gold or Silver: My wedding ring is silver, but I try not to wear it where it can get messed up. The only other jewelry I wear on a semi-regular basis is a steel nail cross that my daughters gave me years and years ago.
Hometown: Born in Oklahoma city. Dad was in church work so we moved all over the southern US. The bad part of that is that anytime I'm around someone from somewhere else I unconsciously pick up their accent and they think I'm making fun of them.
Insomnia: Goes in cycles. Lately, yes.
Job Title: Landscape Designer/Student/Gardener.
Kids: Two sons, four daughters, four grandsons, four granddaughters.
Living arrangements: Wife.
Most admirable trait: Funny
Least admirable trait (added): Sarcasm
Number of sexual partners: Nobody's business!
Overnight hospital stays: One, almost thirty years ago. I hate hospitals!
Phobias: Ants, high places
Quote: Nature is a green mother!
Religion: Raised Southern Baptist, now more or less Bapticostal
Siblings: Older brother, older sister, we're all adopted, so I don't know if I have any blood kin out there or not.
Time I wake up: Around 6:30 am
Unusual talent or skill: I don't think I have any. Kathy claims I know a little bit about everything but not enough to be useful.
Vegetable I refuse to eat: Brussel sprouts. Let the baby cabbages grow up for goodness sakes!Worst habit: Procrastination. And forgetting what the heck I'm supposed to be doing, a side effect of the ADD. Making lists helps.
X-rays: Oh Lord, everything. I did martial arts when I was younger and stupider and have had so many x-rays I'm surprised my kids don't glow in the dark.
Yummy foods I make: People rave about my walnut pie.
Zodiac sign: I'm a non-believing aquarius.

Well, hope y'all learned something. Probably not.

Be good to your inner child this week. Buy him a balloon.

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home