Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Twice in one day? How could we be so lucky?

Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to post for a few days, but the camera that favorite daughter Laura (yes, sending me presents will elevate you to favored status) arrived. I didn't think it was going to get here until Thursday at the earliest and was afraid it wasn't going to get here until after I left, but it came!!!

So for Susan, who asked that I post some pictures of what is blooming in my yard here we go!

An iris. This is actually a much darker purple than the picture makes it look. Don't blame the flower or the camera blame the operator.


A jackmanie clamatis. This one I like.
A Japanese maple. Yes I know that it isn't technically in bloom. But the leaves are beautiful. Prettier than the picture certainly. Again, blame the operator.

A different Japanese maple. Very finely cut leaves. This one is kind of a dwarf ever since an elm tree fell on it. After having the entire top knocked out it put out several more branches all in a whorl and hasn't grown any taller.

Well, that's all for now. Maybe I'll be able to figure out the camera and get some better shots in Texas. Have a wonderful day.

Wayne

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger chaindropz said...

I go next door to potograph flowers. My neighbor has a green thumb and I have a Dimage Z6. I like your photos.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Great photos, Wayne. And now you will discover the joy of planning photos for blog posts!

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for the camera!
Yeah for great garden pictures!
Yeah for bring back pictures from TX!
And especially YEAH for explaining the title!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home