Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Wow, what a weekend.

Yesterday Kathy and I cleaned the windows in the sitting room and our bedroom, did you know that tree leaves are actually green and not reddish-brown? First you have to climb out onto the porch roof and take down all the storm windows and take out the glass and clean it and clean the windows themselves and clean the frames of the storm windows and put the storm windows all back on. And it really helps if you don't drop the paper towels because they unroll all the way down! Trust me on this one.

After we cleaned we went out to a new restaurant that Jim told me about. Cheeseburger in Paradise, yes like the Jimmy Buffett song. The food was excellent and the service was great, the only complaint I have is that between the two guys they had playing live music and the sound system that they had while they took breaks I only heard two Buffett songs. Luckily neither one of them was Marguaritaville so I didn't have to immolate myself. Unfortunately neither of them was Pencil Thin Mustache, how disappointing!

So all together Saturday was productive and still rather relaxing. But then came Saturday night, well technically it was Sunday morning. At about one in the morning my mom called and told us (well, Kathy since it usually takes a lot more than a ringing phone to wake me up at one in the morning) that she had been throwing up since about 6:30 Saturday night and she wasn't getting any better and maybe she needed to go to the hospital. So it's out of bed and over to her house and call the ambulance and they load her up and take her off. First I have to tell everyone about how impressive the Village Fire Department is. I don't know how many times we've had to call 911 from mom's house, but every time the fire department has been first on the scene, calm and calming, tender and gentle with my mom. Last night was no exception, they are wonderful guys! Anyway, so then the ambulance came and did all the stuff and loaded her up and ran her into Baptist. Just before the ambulance left I called my sister and listened to her yell at me for a few seconds about that she didn't have the kids and why wasn't she called first, but after a while she calmed down and we all went to the ER for a few hours. After getting some stuff for nausea in her and rehydrating her by IV they sent her up to a room and we finally dragged ourselves out at about 5:30. Fun way to spend the best sleeping hours, I tell you! Mom is doing OK, they still don't know exactly what's wrong, but she is comfortable and able to keep some food and liquids down. Of course, if you want to know what's wrong, you don't go in on a Sunday when the labs are at skeleton staff. Tomorrow they'll run all the tests they can think of and maybe, maybe find out what is the matter. On the other hand, we've taken her to the hospital before when they've had her for a couple of weeks and can't figure out the problem and they send her home cause she just got better, so we'll see.

Anyway, we came home and got a little sleep and Jill called and wanted to know if we wanted to go to the lake for Maddox's first time and Kathy said no. We probably should have. Jill told us later that they were on the boat and Jeff was holding Maddox and Jill was taking pictures and Maddox was enjoying himself and then when Jill took Maddox and put the camera down, Maddox picked up the camera and tossed it over the side. The good news is that they just downloaded all the pics they had in it last week, the bad news is of course now you've gotta get a new camera, and then the good news is that now you have an excuse to get a new camera and you have a little better idea of what you want.

So basically, that was my weekend. I do wish we could have gone to church, but neither one of us could have stayed awake no matter how dynamic the preacher was, especially me. Mom is doing ok, my sister is sick at home so she didn't get to go see mom this afternoon but I did and took her some stuff she needed. Kathy and I got our Sunday naps twice, morning and afternoon. And Maddox is practicing for the Majors with all the wrong stuff!

Love someone today.

Wayne

1 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Sorry to hear about your Saturday but glad all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home