Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday at last!

Have you ever noticed that sometimes life just runs away from you? There you are plodding along and all of a sudden days have swept by and you can't really remember what you did. Oh, you haven't noticed that... Oh, it's never happened to you... Ok, maybe it's just me then. Apparently I can clip right along and lose days and days. Years ago, the first time I read that book that they made a movie with Sally Field where she had Multiple personalities (apparently I don't just lose days, I lose my memory for movie titles too) anyway, I decided that I had multiple personalities too. Not because I was necessarily losing days at the time, although I was drinking perhaps a bit more than was good for me, mainly because I'm paranoid and obsessive. Anyway, that went on for a while until I realized that if I did have multiple personalities the others were having a much better time than I was. They were probably better looking, more popular and were invited to better parties too. Rotten personalities. They never take me anywhere and then I have to do all the laundry. I bet they got invited to the White House during the Clinton years and got to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom. I tell you what.

Ok, enough of that, that's why we never take you anywhere, sitting there and mumbling to yourself. You think we don't have anything better to do than listen to your complaints? There's a party at the lake this weekend, go pack our bags.

Ok, ok, make me do everything and then I have to sit around here and watch old Oprah reruns. Boy oh boy. Just you wait. They'll be sorry......

Sorry, stream of consciousness thing.

Ok, it has been a wild and crazy week. Mom is home and doing well. But she doesn't have much strength so I have been taking lunch to her and my sister has been doing the dinner shift. Plus all the stuff that she notices looking out the window at her garden. You know I thought your eyes were supposed to get worse when you got old. That woman can see a weed at 150 feet! Plus she can see that the tomato plants are wilting before they even do. Anyway, thanks to everyone who has been keeping her in their prayers.

Well, the plan this week is painting. Yes, I know, it is the Fourth weekend and everyone is going to the lake, which is why we're staying here and painting. Actually, we're just painting the living room unless Kathy goes nuts and decides she can't stand the dining room anymore, or she makes me pull up the run in the bedroom and refinish the floors. Anyway, she found a rug at Home depot online. Actually, she found it in the store but bought it online and saved about 50 or 60 bucks. Well, I was going to show you what the rug looked like but blogger won't let me post pictures today. Oh well, I have to move some furniture so we can have all our fun tomorrow. Have a good and safe and happy Fourth of July.

Wayne.

2 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your mom is home, even if she can see weeds at 150 feet.

Painting sounds like a fine way to spend a weekend. I think we are simply going to take the whole weekend off and just sit around!

BTW, I'd like to put some hanging plants on the patio. What would you recommed to someone with the "thumb of death"?

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

WOW! Maybe I could talk my hubby into painting for this holiday too??? : )

Actually, we'll be going to visit our daughter and son-in-law in Sand Springs tomorrow. I really can't wait for the visit. I miss the kids like crazy!

You know, it might be worrisome, but I always follow your streams of consciousness perfectly well. I can relate! : )

Have a great weekend!

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home