Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I've Been Bad!

This is actually a post from yesterday. I wrote the whole thing out and it wouldn't let me add pictures and then Blogger wouldn't even let me on. I would apologize but this time it wasn't my fault! Blame it on Blogger.

My apologies to everyone. It has been way too long since I blogged on this thing. I would love to say that I have been hyper-busy, but mostly I have just been lazy and then time got away from me and then Blogger wouldn't let me on and then...... Oh well.

So to catch up. Dinner at Susan and Jim's was fantastic, yes that was last week, but I already apologized and all that. Jim cooked steaks and we had veggies and potatoes and a really delicious chocolate birthday cake. Well, Susan had to do something, it was Jim's birthday after all. The company was wonderful, the conversation stimulating (until we all started yawning about 9:00), and best of all, I was the youngest person there so I could rub their noses in it! The only bad part about it is that I apparently haven't had a camera long enough because I forgot to take it with me so I could capture the revelry for blogterity. I better change the subject, I'm apparently making up words again.

Latest on the mom front. The doctors never really figured out what was wrong with her, but her physical symptoms went away so they put her into a rehab center to gain back her strength before they would let her go home. So now she's fighting with the physical therapists and telling us that the doc wants her to go home in a day or two (I'm not going to be the one to tell her that we don't even have the evaluation meeting scheduled until next Thursday). The great part about it is that I get to hear about how awful the place is when I visit mom and then as I'm leaving I get to hear the nursing staff complain because she won't wait for them to help her go to the bathroom. Here's my question, if the nursing staff wants to help her go to the bathroom, why has the nutrition staff come down to her room twice to ask her why she hasn't gotten herself down to the dining room? Anyway, it has all been good because I have been christened the "good" child. I have kept her tomato plants alive and Kathy found the perfect robe (JC Penney Spring/Summer catalog, page 158, white, extra large {yes, that's too big, but that's the size she wanted}), and all the while my awful terrible sister has been keeping up her house and making sure her bills are paid and all the other unnecessary stuff and so is the "bad" child. Hey, I'll take what I can get!

Ok, to the plants. What is in bloom? And what's new: Well, apparently Blogger doesn't want to let me add any photos so I will have to show you what is in bloom in a later post.

Be good to yourselves, God bless,

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home