Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Monday, June 26, 2006

New blooms

Well, I have figured it out. All you have to do is put all the pictures on the blog and then write the stuff. That way you get at least something up for your time.

Well, mom is at home and exhausted. We took her out of the rehab center on Friday and it was a several hour ordeal. Actually getting her out was a couple of minutes but her talking to a friend of hers that she hasn't seen for a while that was taking care of one of the patients in the place and recognized her voice and then having to say goodbye to all the staff and patients that she got close to and then having to go out to lunch before we got her home because after all we would just have to go out later and having my sister and I and my daughter and five of my grandchildren to help load everything up and haul it off it takes a little time. Anyway, she is at home and resting and the home health people are supposed to show up today and do all the preliminary paperwork to get her back into that. Whew!

Ok, this weekend was the gay pride festival and parade in Memorial park and my only question is why do they let them park all over the place in the park? I have seen the police come and chase families away that were just unloading their cars by a picnic table and we had people parked up next to our fence for ten and twelve hours at a time. I hate to sound un-pc (actually, I don't, I'm fairly used to sounding un-pc) but I have to wonder if the parks department would have allowed parking on the grass for any less vocal group. Of course, it may just be sour grapes because my granddaughter Natasha spent Friday night and all day Saturday with us and one of my favorite things to do with her is take her to the park and play on the swings and you couldn't even get on the swings because there were tents set up all around them!

OK, enough complaining. Let's get to what's blooming.

This is one of my new favorites. It is an ice plant that has recently been introduced in Oklahoma. For years everyone apparently assumed that ice plant wouldn't survive here but lately there are all sorts of places that it is a perennial. To me the flower almost looks like a tiny strawflower.Not the best shot but I still love crepemyrtle. I'm especially impressed with this one because, believe it or not, the flowers are a great shade of dark red. Yes I know it looks pink, but it really is darker than this. I'm just not sure how to make the colors true with my camera. If anyone has any ideas I'll take 'em.

The only thing better than ice cream in the summer is hibiscus. We have several hardys planted and usually get a tropical or two and pot them up. The flowers are amazing and even though they confuse the heck out of the hummingbirds and butterflies the little darlings continue to try.And for those of you that think the magnolia is the most beautiful flower in the world I've got this one from mom's yard. Her tree is about twenty five years old and is almost past the struggling for acid stage.

Well, that's about all for today. Hopefully I'll get a few more posts in this week since mom's home. Take care of yourselves.

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home