Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Well, we had the meeting with the rehab center that mom has been in for a couple of weeks. The decision made was that unless something drastic happens she'll be getting out next Friday. She's happy, I'm kinda happy, my sister is worried. My sister has this idea that we need to stop her from doing gardening. Like that is ever going to happen. I would be happy if we could just get her to understand that an hour here and there is better than doing six hours at a time and not being able to move for three days! Thanks to all who have kept mom in your prayers.

As for my life, not much else has been happening. We just keep on keeping on. It would be nice if I could believe that the weathermen aren't lying to me again. They are claiming that there is a 60% chance of rain here in the metro this weekend. I figure that if we get anything it won't be enough to dampen the ground. I could be wrong, though. We could get enough to cause flash-flooding and none of it will be around long enough to soak in.

Jill and Maddox came over last night for dinner. As usual Maddox was about the most intelligent person I have ever seen. I swear that kid has a genius-plus IQ. Now if he'll ever start talking, he'll show everyone else too. There was a very significant cartoon in the paper the other day that illustrates just my point. One grandparent is saying to the other that their grandson is an artistic genius and the other grandparent says not to put too much pressure on the boy so the first says, "I'm not, I don't care what kind of genius he is." We tend to do it, don't we? Our kids, our grandkids, we want them to have things we didn't have and then sometimes we want them to be things we couldn't be. We all need to be careful (and me most of all) to let the little monsters be just what God made them, not what we think God should have made them. But then our judgment is so much better than His sometimes, isn't it?

Be good to a kid in your life today. And if you can't find one, be the kid yourself that God made you to be!

Wayne

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the pictures? Where's the flowers? No pressure but was kind of expecting them. BTW, do we need to do anything to the plants from last year in front of the screened in patio?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home