Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, July 21, 2006

See you in a week

Well, we leave tomorrow to do the family reunion thing. Luckily it isn't the same family reunions I grew up with. The chances are slim that any weapons will be drawn. And cousins sleeping together is almost unheard of.

Keith will join us from from St Louis. Ma and Myrna will come in from Kennett. Ma and Myrna are Bill's family (for those of you that don't know, Bill was Kathy's first husband) and a lot of people think it is kinda weird that I enjoy family reunions with Kathy's ex-husband's (deceased) family. Well, I can't help if people think it's weird, but since I was almost a pall bearer at Bill's funeral and almost had to do the eulogy (Bill's childhood friend made it just in time to be pall bearer and Keith stepped up for the eulogy) I don't think it's all that strange anyway!

I couldn't leave y'all without pictures to contemplate though. Jeff's brother or cousin or something is a semi-professional photographer and he took some pics of Maddox and Jill and Jeff. Of, course, you don't even have to be a semi-good photographer to get good pics of those three but I still think they came out pretty good.

Needless to say, I have them on my screen saver, I know, it's amazing, you'd think I was proud or something.

And in case you're wondering if there is anything blooming in the gardens, well, the answer is not much! For those of you in civilized parts of the world, we have been having 100plus temps for the last week. My son-in-law, Shawn, just returned from Qatar says it was cooler there. But we do have something

Now, some people call these surprise lilies. My mother always called them naked ladies. The leaves come up in early to mid spring, soak up the sun and die back. Then a couple of months later these beauties come up. And you better pay attention. The stalks will come up and they will bloom in the matter of a few days, sometimes it seems like a few hours! There is another variety that I also have a few of, that bloom in early fall. A really beautiful red. The pics will be posted I promise.

Well, that's all I have for now. I think I'll go and see if I can finish packing.

Take care of yourselves and each other. Find someone that God needs for you to love and show them.

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home