Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

OK!!!!! I had some really great pictures that I was going to put on this post, but blogger apparently hates me! Any way, if you want to see the pictures from the Chihuley exhibit go to Wayne's pictures. I don't think you have to be a member of multiply anymore to just look at them, if so it is easy and free to join and you can just lie and make up a name. So on with the blog!

Whatever you're doing, drop it and run to St Louis and go to the gardens and see the Chihuley exhibit! Ok, I understand that not all of you can go, sometimes it is a little hard to get here from Doha, but it is a really fantastic exhibit! We spent several hours wandering through the gardens and looking at the various art pieces. And with Kathy's knees you know it had to be wonderful.

Besides the exhibit, we went to the zoo on Friday and had a great time. Sometimes going to supposedly "kid" things without kids is great. Not to say there weren't plenty of kids there, but I didn't have to take care of them. The nice thing about St Louis zoo is that it is free. Free to get into, parking however is up to $9, but on the other hand, it was $9 for four of us to park and it would have been a lot more for four of us to get into OKC zoo. On the third hand, OKC zoo is also a botanic garden so all their plants are labeled which makes me seem much smarter when Janie or Kathy asks me what some plant is. The animals were all in good moods, none of them tried to eat us anyway.

Well, when you stop being a kid you stop doing silly things like pub crawls. As a thoughtful, mature adult you do winery crawls! We went out to the wineries on Saturday, visited 4 or 5 in a fairly small area, and did the tasting thing, had a picnic lunch at a beautiful place somewhere near Augusta (I don't really remember where, I did mention the tasting thing, right?) They had live music and the crowd was pleasant and congenial.


The Winery Crawlers


All in all, the weekend was a great success. Janie and James are wonderful hosts and pretty much did whatever we wanted. Next time, though, they have to come to our house! Of course, the winery crawl is going to be a lot more extended.

Please keep my mom in prayer, she goes in tomorrow to have laser surgery for glaucoma. Hopefully everything will go smoothly

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so glad that you did.

I've been a Dale Chihouly fan for years! Oh, I'd love to see his exhibit. Maybe...

Have a great week!

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's your Mom doing? Did everything go okay?

I love the glass sculptures. We went to the grand opening of the new art museum and got to see quite a few of them - gorgeous!

Sounds like you had a terrific time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home