Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Watch out for that little red car!

Well, as I was ranting about weird drivers the other day, Susan reminded me that as a realtor she has to drive that way, it's the rules. Something about annoying people or something. Of course, for all of you that know her, you know I wasn't talking about her! After all, she has a lot of practice driving while talking on the cell, checking her PDA, looking at the multilist on her laptop, knitting four or five rows and putting on her makeup all at the same time. I'm sorry, I exaggerate, her makeup is always perfect before she leaves the house.

Last Saturday I went over to my daughter's house and helped them cut down a tree that was too close to the house. Of course I took my camera, but since my daughter-in-law, Audrey was keeping the kids inside so a tree wouldn't fall on them I didn't take a single picture. Sometimes I think I'm a little too much of a grandfather. Personally, I liked my son-in-law D'Artagnon's idea better, we should have just gone and played golf. We would have gotten just as hot and sweaty but it would have been more fun. Of course, the best thing about golf is the beer and Kathy has me on the South Beach diet and it doesn't allow beer! What a dumb diet. Personally, I think we should go back to the fifties and bring back the drinking man's diet. If I remember correctly, you weren't allowed any food but you could have all the cocktails you wanted. Probably won't come back, especially because then you'd need a designated non-dieter with you all the time. Of course, I've got Susan and my next-door-neighbor Joe and Kathy doesn't drink that much. This could really work! Probably not.

Well, I was in a panic, my MP3 player was about to go out. By last week I was charging it for 20 hours and getting about 45 minutes of music. Kathy finally got tired of hearing me whine and swapped with me so now I charge for 3 hours and listen to it for a couple of days. Apparently the only thing that bugs Kathy more than me singing tunelessly along with Frank and Ella is me whining about not being able to sing along with Frank and Ella. It isn't so bad for her, she can keep the thing plugged in at her desk and listen whenever she wants, not that she listens that much. She can still stand the radio stations. I used to complain that I couldn't stand the radio because they played the same fifteen songs over and over. After all, Jimmy Buffett never recorded any song but Marquaritaville, did he? I can't really use that excuse any more. Not since I checked the music on my computer and found out I have 16 renditions of "At Last". Of course, on the other hand I have 417 hours, 7 minutes, and 26 seconds of music, so you would think that I do have a little bit of variety. And I hardly ever listen to Kenny G's "At Last" because then I can't sing along! Whatever it works out.

Well, I'm off to make sure my mother has lunch. More at another time.

Take care of yourselves.

Wayne

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Yep, I love my MP3 player, too! I use mine for podcasts and audiobook listening while I'm knitting.

Have a wonderful week!

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!! I NEVER use my laptop in the car - that would be too dangerous. Now if you traded laptop for eating...

And I'd be happy to be the designated non-dieter. This sounds like a diet even Jim might like.

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonasket person (Susan's Mom) Glad to see you are back to doing your column, I enjoy your input.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home