Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Grandkids can wear you out~

Ok, apparently Blogger and/or Multiply hate me, or hate each other, or get miffed when I go to one or the other one first or something! Supposedly, Multiply will let me cross post to Blogger and supposedly when I post to Blogger I can copy it to Multiply. Well, it DON'T! Several months ago, my daughter, Laura got me on Multiply so it would be easy to pass pictures of the kids back and forth, and I started blogging on Multiply. Well, then Susan
decided that I needed to blog to Blogger so she could send friends over to read my rants and raves (not exactly sure why they would want to) and that way people that don't want to don't have to join Multiply. So now I have two blogs with mostly the same stuff on it and I was thrilled when Multiply said that it could cross-post. Well what usually happens is nothing, and if something does cross post it won't take the pictures with it, and after all, nobody wants to read this stuff, everybody wants to see my grandchildren! Anyway. That's why I haven't posted to Blogger for a few days because I was waiting to see if Multiply would send it over. Well, guess what? It didn't so here is another copy of my post from Wednesday and I will post another copy in a few minutes of what I posted on the fall color. But for now, the important stuff!

A note about names. Kathy and I are a blended family. So when our grandson Sabastian (who is now eleven) started to talk he thought that Kathy's name was Kathywayne, because that is how everybody in my family talked about us (Kathy and Wayne said....). So I became Grandpaw Wayne and Kathy, weellll, Kathywayne. So now Natasha calls her Kathywayne and we assume that Ethan will as well whenever he decides that people can be trusted enough to talk to. When our grandson Ryan was born, Jill and Laura tried to come up with cute names for everyone and I get called Poppy and Kathy Nana (for quite a while we didn't know if Ryan wanted Kathy or a banana) but then as Ryan aged he kinda put a Hispanic spin on my name (why a kid growing up in Qatar would say it with a Spanish accent who the heck knows) so I started writing it Papi. And we are assuming that since that is about the only name Maddox has ever heard me called then he'll start calling me Papi. But then when Abby and D'Artagnon lived with us for a while after D'Art graduated Tasha was just starting to talk and Abby tried to get her to call me Papi (because she thought it sounded a little more elegant than Grandpaw Wayne) but she decided that my name was Peepaw and that was that, she won't call me anything else. And you know Peepaw is so much more elegant than Grandpaw Wayne.

Well, we kept Maddox Saturday night (Jill and Jeff came and got him Sunday morning) and we kept Natasha and Ethan Tuesday night (Abby and D'Artagnon came and got them about 10:00). And all I can say is that those little things are exhausting! Kathy and I didn't get anything done Sunday because we were so tired and I went to sleep as soon as they came and left Tuesday. Why is it that I could take care of three kids and get everything else done and still have a life when my kids were little and now I can't even watch one kid for a few hours without taking a three hour nap?

Maddox's other grandmother taught him a rainy day game, go and play in the van, so he thinks that's what you do anytime there is a van available.
And of course the most fun and Nana and Papi's house is the stairs!
Peepaw is ok but what the heck is that flash that keeps lighting up the room?
And the most fun Natasha can have is playing in the bath.
Post bath, chewin' on the dragon.
Anyway, we had loads of fun with the kids, Laura and Erin and Ryan are coming soon so I'll have pics of them for Thanksgiving. I think I'll go take a nap and rest up.
Be good to someone today, and do something for yourself.
Wayne

1 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The grandkids are adorable! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home