Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Kids, Thanksgiving, Basketball and running around like a turkey with my head cut off!

Well, how long has it been? I'm afraid to look. I figure Susan will tell me when she yells at me for going so long between posts.

Laura and the kids didn't fly in from southeast Missouri, she drove. Eight hours with a five-year-old and a two-year-old. She's braver than I am, that's for sure! They got in safely Wednesday night and we haven't stopped moving since. Thanksgiving on Thursday. Basketball on Friday night, Bedlam on Saturday. I'm exhausted!














I know, I got these backwards, but I'm too tired to try to fix them and although I would usually just take them off and do them over I don't wanna do that either! Our Thanksgiving was smaller than usual. Of course Susan and Jim deserted me to run off to his sisters, so that was two gone. Maw and Myrna and Megan couldn't come because Megan is getting married in the Spring on some cruise ship and Maw had to keep her strength up for that. I told her that Thankgiving at my house would be more fun than some silly old cruise but nobody listens to me. Anyway, we only had twelve counting Kathy and I and all the kids (the only ones that really count anyway!)
Here's Debbie being her usual charming self. I love the way that a camera brings out the best in people!











And here's Julie and Sam. Sami is one of my favorite non-related grandchildren cause of that thing on her plate. Look a little closer. Yes that is a whole turkey leg. She loves 'em. She ate that whole leg (even tho it was falling off the bone, so it wasn't as much fun) and then took the other one home with her! Anyway, Keith and Jill have known Julie forever and Debbie was Julie's nanny and now is Sami's and so they have made it over the last two or three Thanksgivings. I keep threatening that we're all going to go out but they are three reasons that we probably never will.

Actually, we had thirteen for dinner. This is my granddog, Zeus (my other granddog, Bambam, Zeus' daddy didn't come) Zeus was amazingly patient, both with Ryan who's holding his leash, and with the fact that I roasted the turkey outside and he laid right under the roaster and I didn't drop the turkey once. That probably irritated him to no end.





Here's my little sweetie, Erin. She pretty never knows what to do about Papi. About the time she gets used to me they take off for somewhere else but she has been letting me take care of her some and she usually giggles when I kiss the top of her head.

Well, that was Thanksgiving. The food was good and plentiful and although we didn't have as many souls around the table as I would have liked I love each of the ones that were there. There was food, fun, laughter and love. God was smiling on us and what else is Thanksgiving for but to remember His love and care that he sends to us.

God bless us every one (yes, I know that is from a Christmas story, it still fits!)

Wayne

1 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Wayne, I love the pictures and am thrilled that you and your family and friends had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home