Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Post Thanksgiving Basketball and big wheels

Well, after rereading my post from yesterday I realized that I talked a lot about Thanksgiving and didn't really talk about anything else. Leave it to me to focus on food and leave everything else behind.

Friday night we went to the Hornet's game. They were playing the Timberwolves. They got creamed. Well, not really, they lost 86 to 79. The halftime show was by the Mapapas African Acrobats. They were fantastic! One thing I didn't really understand was the number of times that they broke into the action to do something. They upgraded somebodies seats, then they had somebody shoot for CDs from Midfirst bank, (the money kind not the music kind), Then they had somebody shoot for something else. I don't know what all they were doing, mainly because we couldn't here that well. We were after all, two rows from the back wall. Talk about up in the cheap seats!

Keith, Ryan and Jeff at the game.







Laura and Erin at the game.

Saturday, for those of you who don't live or understand Oklahoma, was Bedlam. Bedlam is whenever Oklahoma University plays Oklahoma State University in baseball, basketball, wrestling, softball, shotput, but let's face it, the only time it matters is FOOTBALL! I am a life long OSU fan (mainly because my dad and my sister were diehard OU fans and I'm contrary) plus I am a student of the OSU system, so I was naturally rooting for my Cowboys. But on the other hand. Texas Tech beat Texas the night before so if OU won they would go to the Big 12 championship against Nebraska (who we beat)and if OSU won Texas would go to the championship. And nobody wants that! Well, it worked out that OU won 27 to 21, but the last play of the game was a barely incomplete pass by OSU which had all the OU fans in the room (which was everyone else) pretty much on the edge of their seats.

We also had a mini Christmas because Keith had to go home Sunday. He'll be back Christmas but Laura and the kids will be in Las Vegas. Anyway, on of the things that Ryan got was a big wheel (actually I missed seeing the kids open presents because I was putting the silly thing together) and it was the best thing ever, according to him. I'm not sure he still thinks so since it has gotten him in trouble several times because he can't stand not riding it in the house. Papi had to put it in the shed yesterday until he could settle down and obey the rules. Most of the time I can't get him to let me take pictures of him on it but I did manage to sneak this one in. Of course right after he noticed the camera was pointing at him this is the only shot I managed to grab.







He's a cutie pie, but I think his dad spoiled him for a camera. The poor kid had a video or still camera shoved in his face for the first four years of his life.

Anyway, that about does it for now. Hopefully everyone had a good Thanksgiving and is looking forward to Christmas. Let's remember why we have Christmas, more than the toys, more than the tinsel or tree. The greatest gift we could have. Someone to love us no matter what we do. Someone to care for us when we don't even want to care for ourselves. Someone who was willing to come pay the price for our sins. I love you all because Jesus first loved me.

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home