Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Baby, it's cold outside!

Ok, I'll admit it. I am a wimp when it comes to cold. Actually, I can stand the cold, it is the wind I absolutely hate. I think I'm living in the wrong place, considering that Oklahoma gets more wind on a daily basis than Chicago. The weathermen (those never erring prognosticators) said that the wind today would be light, 10 to 20 miles an hour. That doesn't seem all that light to me. But I guess since it is supposed to be blowing 15 to 35 miles an hour tomorrow I'll try to enjoy this.

Well, Susan and Jim and Susan's mom and dad, Berle and Roy came over for dinner the other night. I think everyone had a good time, I know I had a great time. Everyone ate and talked and had a good time. Susan ate everything on her plate and even ate some of these really nasty cookies that Laura gets in southeast Missouri. I swear that they are made out of library paste with little fake chocolate chips mixed in. Susan had to eat around the chips but she could at least eat the cookie. One more dessert wins against steroids! Kathy told me after Thanksgiving that it was rude to take pictures while people are eating so I didn't get any shots of people with their mouths full and after everybody was finished I was to full to get up and get the camera. Here is a pic that Ryan took with his mother's camera. I still don't get why it is rude for me to take pictures but cute for a 5-year-old to do it (although his mother isn't looking like she thinks it's all that cute). Just to prove to you that artistic talent runs in the family here are some other shots Ryan took.






Notice that his focus is the princess castle instead of his sister. This gives an aura of mystery to the entire shot.







This is my personal favorite. Notice the importance given to the baby wipes container. Notice that it takes on almost gigantic proportions. Notice the thumb in the corner. I told you he took after his Papi. Actually I have been teasing his mother since his birth about how much he looks like me. It used to make her crazy but she has started to accept it.
This one is a masterwork of color and surrealism. I think that might be a belly button but I don't know for sure.











Ok, enough of his masterpieces. After all, he may be an artistic genius but he and his sister are also cute as the dickens. Here is Erin posing with her gingerbread house that she made (with a little bit of help from her mother).

And here's Ryan with his. He had a little less help from his mother. I personally think they both did a wonderful job!

And one last pic. Erin is finally used to me enough that she won't scream and yell when I pick her up or help her do something. She'll even call me Papi and tell me about her Polly Pockets. And trust me, there is a lot of stuff to tell about Polly Pocket.

Take care of yourselves, and take care of someone you love today.

Wayne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home