I'm sorry I have been so inactive lately. I would try to blame it on Christmas, but mostly I've just been lazy. Once Laura and the kids left I just quit doing anything mostly, which makes for a really boring blog.
Well, to come up with an idea I'm stealing this idea from Susan who stole it from Kay's and Carolyn's blogs. Well, maybe not stole..... Yeah pretty much.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate pretty much all year long. I usually drink it instead of coffee, unless I'm at Starbucks where I get a venti mocha. Wait, that's pretty much hot chocolate. During the Christmas season I love to drink egg nog. The problem is that if I buy some (I haven't made any for years) I'll drink the whole thing in one sitting, and since Kathy has decided that we need to lose weight I've tried to stay away from it this year.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just leave them under the tree? When I was growing up and when my kids were growing up anything wrapped was from a family member. Santa's presents were unwrapped. We did the same thing when my kids were small.
3. Colored or white lights on the tree? Colored, colored, colored!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Decorations are mostly Kathy's thing. So I put up whatever she can get me to help with whenever she can get me to help.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey and (Kathy's, only Kathy's) dressing. With plenty of turkey I don't really care what else there is.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child. Sneaking down before everyone else was awake and looking at all the presents.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My brother and sister blew the story when I was 8 or 9. I pretended to believe for a while because I'm no dummy, if you don't believe in Santa you don't get any presents.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope, had to wait till Christmas morning and even then usually after church.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? However Kathy makes me decorate it.
11. Snow! Love it or leave it? Love it in pictures, hate it when I'm trying to get anywhere. I thought for years that I hated cold. One winter in St Louis I realized that I just hate wind.
12. Can you ice skate? I can fall on my butt.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A Dick Tracy Junior Detective Set. It came with a badge, a wrist radio (that I never could get Dick Tracy to answer) and a gun that shot out little plastic bullets. Yeah, Mom got rid of the bullets fairly soon.
14. What is your favorite thing about the holidays? The thought that Jesus came to this world just for me!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My absolute favorite is my mother's buttermilk chess pie, however I am the only person in the entire world that actually loves fruitcake.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The new tradition (well, it's a few years old now) of watching my grandchildren rip open presents.
17. What do you prefer, giving or receiving? Receiving, but not big things. I like lots of little things that show that the person thought of me when they got them. I love giving the perfect gift but with the adults I know the perfect thing isn't usually perfect. Of course, with grandchildren, as long as it makes noise and flashes lights, it's perfect.
18. What tops your tree? A star that Kathy and I got a few years after we were married.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? By the time Christmas comes I am usually so sick of Christmas songs because they've been playing them in Wal-Mart since St Patrick's Day. But during a candlelight service Silent Night can make me tear up and I love Eartha Kitt's Santa Baby, actually it stays on my mp3 all year.
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? The fruit ones are pretty tasty, although they are a sin against nature. The peppermint ones should only be hung on the tree and look pretty.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas. Remember that Jesus came for us.
Just in case you need an extra Christmas present.
May God bless each of you.