Another Eden

A seed, some as large as a coconut, others as small as a mustard seed. They grow into plants much larger than the seeds themselves. A mustard seed doesn't grow into a coconut. It all works out as planned. The most important thing in life is the world that God made us. I don't understand how he made it work, but I'm so glad he did.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm afraid of my cereus!!



Does anybody but Jim and I remember "Little Shop of Horrors"? I'm beginning to think I have discovered the plant species of the Audrey 2. It has to be a night-blooming cereus! I brought my cereus inside back in October (or september or whenever it was, You people look it up in the past postings if you're so worried about it) and before I brought it it, I trimmed the thing back fairly heavy. Then we stuck it back in the darkest corner we have in the house and about half the time forget to water it. Then the other night I noticed that it was erupting with new foliage (well, not foliage like most plants, it throws out these modified stems that later widen into something that looks sorta like a leaf) there's about nine of them so far, one about halfway up to the ceiling and another reaching for the middle of the room. And we all remember what Audrey 2 ate, don't we?
I'm not saying that I have heard it talking to me. I have heard it, but I wouldn't say that in a blog where people might decide I'm crazy. Most of the people that know me already know I'm nuts, heck they don't even have to know me for very long to start to suspect. Actually, I like the line last night from "Boston Legal". (Don't blame me, Kathy got me hooked on it) When asked if he kept in touch with his imaginary friends from childhood, he replied "Sometimes we have reunions." I can relate. My problem is that the voices in my head never heard of parlimentary procedure.

Sorry it has taken me so long to update this thing. School is crazier than I thought. Don't you just love that every professor thinks that their subject is the most important in the world and it doesn't matter if you skip the homework in your other classes because those professors will understand.... Sure they will. anyway, I've been studying and typing through most of my free time. Actually, I should be doing my lab prep for chemistry tonight. I'm working on the theory that it won't take me very long. In my defense, I did kinda skim it before I sat down to do this and it didn't look to complicated.

Well, I guess I messed around too long. Blogger started me on their new one against my will. It wouldn't let me sign on to the old blogger. When I tried it kicked me over to opening a new one. I still haven't heard whether there are any problems. I guess when Susan yells at me again for taking too long I'll know.

For those 0f you that have been paying attention to these rants for a while you know that I'm hooked on the old standards music. Unfortunately, I don't really know anybody else that likes it so I'm having to grope my way. But I have found another great. Billy Eckstine, or the Great Mr. B, sung in the '30s and '40s, and he has the smoothest baritone voice you'll ever hear! It is amazing. When I first started listening, it was mostly Frank, and he's still pretty good. But there are people out there that just blew Ol' Blue Eyes away!

Ok, I'm going to do my chem lab prep. I'll try to bee a little better at this (sure, you've promised that before [shut up, they understand] yeah, they understand that you're slow and lazy[ that does it. I'm not letting you go to class tonight] poor me. chem how exciting. you don't even get to blow stuff up anymore!)

Ok, that's it. I sent him to the corner. I'll do more another time. God bless. Wayne

4 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Wayne said...

Test comment, will this work?

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Thanks for fixing my dumb computer. I was really starting to get annoyed, thinking you had taken your blog down - LOL

Somedays I HATE computers.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

YooooHoooooo! Wayne.....where arrreeee youuuuuuuuuuu? : )

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaayne! Come baaaack!!!!

Did that cereus get you???? : 0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home